07 / 12 / 2016
Post Show Report on Mebel 2016
The 28th International Exhibition for Furniture, Fittings and Upholstery
The largest furniture show in Russia, its neighboring states and Eastern Europe. Mebel 2016 provided deep insight into the current furniture fashion, market trends, the latest materials and technologies for furniture production.
Dates: 21 – 25 November 2016
Venue: Expocentre Fairgrounds, Moscow
Organized by Expocentre AO
Supported by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, Russian Export Center AO, the Union of Architects of Russia
Assisted by the Association of Furniture and Woodworking Enterprises of Russia, the Union of Timber Manufacturers and Exporters of Russia, Centrlesexpo OAO
Auspices of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Sponsored by Shatura AO
Logos: UFI, RUEF
Exhibition area: 72,434 sq m
Exhibitors: 735 companies; including 575 Russian companies
Countries: 28 in total: Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Canada, China, Czechia, Finland, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, the Republic of Korea, Lithuania, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
Total attendance: 40,600
International pavilions: Germany, Slovenia
Types of products on display: upholstery and office furniture, kitchens, interior decor items, components and fittings
Participating companies included Raumplus, Renolit, Imawell, Surteco, Bausch, Varix, Dollken, Hornschuch (Germany); Bekaert Textiles N.V. (Belgium); Giplast Group Spa, Formenti & Giovenzana Spa, Keoma, Jago, Harem (Italy); Gamet, GTV Sp. Z.O.O. S.K.A., Euro-Locks (Poland); Blum, Grass GmbH (Austria); Hanwha Land C Corporation, Dawon Chairs Co., Ltd (the Republic of Korea); Samet, Kastamonu, Cilek (Turkey); Freeman Link (Hong Kong), etc.
Russian companies: 8 Marta, Almaz, Ametist, Anons, Apriori, Atlas-Lux, Borovichi-Mebel, Boyard, Vash Den, Vitra, Driada, Dyatkovo, Komandor, Lerom, Lorena Kukhni, Mebel-M, MDM-Complect, Maria, Nizhegorodmebel, Norkpalm, Souz-M, Stolline, Ufamebel, UK EMK, VIA Ferrata, Melodia Sna, Ormatek, Kozhprommebel, Donko, First Furniture Factory, Syktyvkar Plywood Mill, TriYa, Yug-Mebel, Hettich Rus, Haefele Rus, Schattdecor, Shatura, etc.
- Design Tours. Experienced interior decorators and CEOs of design studios made tours around the show turning the attendees' attention to the latest products, ideas and solutions useful for choosing kitchens, bedrooms and children rooms.
Key Associated Events and Competitions
- Round Table on Russian Furniture organized by the Association of Furniture and Woodworking Enterprises of Russia, Expocentre AO. All participants agreed that one of the main tools of the Russian export development is trade shows which require government support.
- Consultation Session of Russian Export Center organized by the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Russian Export Center AO, Expocentre AO. The participants discussed supportive measures for exporters and manufacturers of the furniture and woodworking industries. 170 Russian exporters have already got financial support.
- 13th Forum of Directors "Furniture as a Business" organized by the Imperia Congress and Exhibition Company, Expocentre AO. The Forum brought together more than 200 CEOs of furniture companies, dealers, retail chains and furniture salons from 80 cities of Russia, the CIS, Europe and Asia.
- Conference on Development of Woodworking and Furniture Market. Proposals of Chemical Companies Manufacturing Formaldehyde Resins, Adhesives, Files, Coatings and Other Necessary Products organized by the Chemistry and Business Journal
- First Professional Competition of Furniture Assemblers organized by Expocentre AO, Run & Done Professional Furniture Service
- Presentation of WorldSkills Russia organized by WorldSkills Russia
- Award Ceremony for the Winners in Ecological Rating of Manufacturers and Sellers of Furniture, Flooring and Interior Doors – GoodWood 2016 organized by FSC Russia, Expocentre AO, WWF Russia, the Association of Furniture and Woodworking Enterprises of Russia, NP National Environmental Standards and Ratings Bureau
"We have been regular participants in Mebel since 2011. This time we are satisfied with the number of visitors. The amount of visits has grown as well. This year we can see much more people who can be our partners in the future. The general impression of the exhibition is good."
Sergey Tsoy, Deputy Director, Driada (Volgodonsk)
"We've participated in Mebel for seven years in a row. The interest in our products showcased at the show is very great. We've found new partners and contractors from whom we obtain new contracts. The exhibition shows our customers that our company does not stand still. We manufacture new products using the latest technology and processing techniques as well as new materials. It's very important for us that at the Mebel exhibition we hold talks with existing clients from distant regions which don't have an opportunity to come often. Here can we meet them and settle current issues."
Sergey Perekupko, Head of Sales Department, Yana Furniture Factory
"While participating in the trade show we've reached several goals at once. Firstly, we supported dealers of our products who operate throughout Russia including Siberia and Far East as well as in Kazakhstan, Belarus and Georgia. Secondly, we managed to meet foreign manufacturers of equipment necessary for our production. We've had long-standing business contacts with Turkish and Italian associates. At the trade show we managed to expand our contacts to further develop production of quality components for furniture in the Voronezh region."
Alexander Shevchenko, General Director, Kedr
"Our company has manufactured kitchen furniture over 25 years. Our production facilities are located in Moscow. Our furniture is mostly custom-made. We use more than ten kinds of wood veneer. We've brought five samples to the show. This year has witnessed some increase in the number of professional visitors: more designers and representatives of dealership networks. We like taking part in the exhibition."
Viktoria Gerasimova, Area Manager, Atlas Lux
"Today our factory introduces to the Russian market the Art-Deco bedroom furniture using natural materials and an exclusive design. At the trade show our models evoked immediate response among visitors who became our new customers. Our stand is attended by foreign specialists, particularly Italians. Now we are thinking of operating not only in Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan but also in overseas countries."
Elena Bezrukova, Commercial Director, Yartsevo Furniture Factory
"We are satisfied with our participation in the exhibition. The flow of visitors was uninterrupted. It's almost impossible to point out the time when it was larger or less. What is more important – the target audience. We held a lot of talks at the show and even didn't have enough time."
Vasilisa Karpukhina, Leading Brand Manager, Home Collection Furniture Factory
"We can already sum up the results. We are satisfied with our participation. Despite some weakening of the furniture market, many customers who collaborate with us have attended our stand. Most of them were interested in our new collection. New customers also show a strong interest in it. Judging by the participant feedback and preliminary agreements, the new collection will be sought-after.
We plan participation in the trade show next year. We hope it will be even more effective. We'll bring new products: we've already had some plans for the next year and further development. I believe it will be interesting for everybody. May I take this opportunity to invite potential customers and partners to our stand at Mebel 2017."
Natalia Churikova, Creative Director, Nizhegorodmebel & Co.
"The Mebel Exhibition, which runs at Expocentre, plays a very important role in the Russian furniture industry. This year we feel that Mebel is a very good investment into the future though rather expensive. Each year the visitors' flow on the first day is slow but on the second and the third days there's a peak of visits which produce excellent results: there are no casual visitors, only those who are involved in the furniture business.
We think this trade show is really effective: all our customers annually come here."
Dietmar Schulze, Commercial Director, Russia Plant of Impress Surfaces GmbH
The next 29th edition of Mebel is to run from November 20 through 24, 2017 at Expocentre Fairgrounds.
Expocentre Press Service