Upholstery materials for furniture
It should be noted that upholstery fabric for furniture is the main material that furniture workshops, factories, and design studios use in their work. Such organizations may need fabrics to decorate stylish interiors and decor items.
Upholstery materials for upholstered furniture
Different types of upholstery materials are used in the production of upholstered furniture. Today there are a huge number of different types of fabrics for upholstery items of upholstered furniture.
The most common types of fabrics are:
- Jacquard - this material is often used for upholstery, as it is quite dense. It is also considered the most durable material that does not fade under the influence of sunlight and retains its pattern for a long period of time.
- Velor is a velvety fabric with a split pile. This material is based on polyethylene fiber. Velor is easy to clean and retains all its important properties. This fabric has a successful combination of artificial and natural fibers.
- Cotton is a fabric made from natural plant fibers. The material is very lightweight, environmentally friendly, and very easy to care for. But it can quickly wear out and wrinkle. Cotton is often printed with patterns, it is soft and very durable.
- Chenille is a simple textile with fluffy threads. It has been used for more than a dozen years. To clean this material, you can use ethyl alcohol or ordinary vinegar. Chenille can be homogeneous and mixed.
- Arpatek is a thin and soft fabric that feels like natural leather. Originally produced for the automotive industry, this material is easy to clean. Arpatek does not lend itself to mechanical stress and retains its color perfectly. This material consists of viscose, polyurethane, cotton.
- Flock - the fabric is based on polyester and cotton. Do not clean the flock with alcohol-based products. The flock can quickly become electrified, so dust instantly collects on it. The material is wear-resistant, it is very easy to care for it, even after heavy pollution it is easy to clean it.
- Microfiber is a kind of flock fabric. The material creates the effect of natural suede. Made of polyester and cotton.
- Plush is a material with a long pile. The base of the plush can be woolen or cotton.
- Velvet is the same plush, only it consists of a softer and lighter base. Today, the basis of velvet includes silk, cotton and wool. The fabric is not only a decorative element, it also emphasizes the social status of the owners of the house.
- Silk - produce silk from silkworm cocoons. Although the fabric is thin, it is very strong and durable, susceptible to various types of dirt.
- Artificial leather - often used in the production of upholstered furniture. Sofas upholstered with this material will be a great addition to the interior of any office or study.
- Leather is a classic and always fashionable upholstery fabric. Differs in special indicators of strength.
Characteristics of upholstery materials for furniture
Cotton and linen fabrics are considered the most environmentally friendly. They can keep their shape perfectly. They can be used in children's rooms.
Synthetic options are best used for upholstering furniture in the living room - they do not require special care and are resistant to wear and tear. If there are pets in the house, it is best to use nonwovens such as flock or microfiber for upholstering furniture.
The fabric should be soft and smooth so that a person is comfortable and comfortable to sit on upholstered furniture. Tensile strength is an important characteristic of upholstery materials. This indicator is able to ensure long-term use of the product.
Production of upholstery materials for furniture
In the production of fabrics for furniture, only high-quality modern materials, high-precision equipment are used, due to which wear-resistant fabrics with excellent performance characteristics are obtained.
For example, velor is made from natural and synthetic fibers: polyester polyamide and textured yarns, and in structure it is a material with a knitted weave.
For the production of chenille, a chenille thread is used in appearance similar to a caterpillar. & nbsp; This is how the name of this weave "chenille" is translated from French - a caterpillar. This effect is achieved due to the interlacing of the villi of two strong threads, twisted in a spiral.
Different combinations of threads and fibers are used when creating fabrics:
In accordance with legal requirements, each fabric must have a certificate that accurately describes the characteristics and composition of the fabric.
Production of upholstery materials for upholstered furniture
There are several technologies for the production of materials for upholstered furniture:
- chenille, including matting, are made using the "wicker candle" technology;
- jacquard fabrics, including tapestries, are produced on a Jacquard loom. The main difference between jacquard and tapestry is that in the first case, the number of threads will be no more than 10, and much more threads are used in the tapestry, which have a higher quality composition;
- velor is obtained by weaving 5 threads, 4 & nbsp; of which in pairs form the upper and lower bases, and the fifth of a different shade forms a pile. Then the fabric is cut along the pile and 2 rolls of velor come out of the machine at once;
- flocks are produced in 4 stages. First, the foundation is created. Then, an adhesive composition is applied to it in a thin layer. Further, villi or flock enter the base strictly vertically. At the end, painting is done using wet or dry printing;
- boucle is created from fancy or crepe yarn. The fabric can be monochromatic or multi-colored due to the interweaving of threads of different tones.
In the production of fabrics, impregnation is additionally used, which increases the wear and heat resistant qualities of the fabric.
Where to buy inexpensive furniture upholstery?
Favorable wholesale prices are offered by factories that produce textiles for furniture:
- LLC Kamyshinlegprom;
- LLC "Morshanskaya manufactory;
- CJSC Promtextil;
- Asmen Company.
These companies have been successfully operating on the market for several years, but they only ship large quantities of products.
In addition, large suppliers offer wholesale upholstery fabrics:
- Domiart Company;
- STYLE OF SAIL LLC;
- Woven Materials Ltd.
A large assortment of fabrics is offered by online stores. Prices will be slightly higher here, but you can buy fabrics by the yard.
Online stores of upholstery materials
Internet-shops of fabrics TD SPETSTEKS LLC and "Redoryx" offer Russian-made tapestry.
The company Opttex interior textiles specializes in supplying wholesale of interior fabrics from leading European and Chinese manufacturers.
The online store of the Artefact company offers collections of eco-leather, vinyl-leather and other furniture fabrics.
Sale of upholstery fabrics for furniture
Sale of upholstery fabrics is made on the basis of a catalog of samples that are offered in furniture stores. Usually the fabric can be ordered based on the required footage.
Some canvases are sold only in whole rolls. These materials include those that have been custom-painted in the desired color, as well as have undergone additional impregnation. The canvas is delivered in rolls without cutting off the footage.
Manufacturers and suppliers of upholstery materials for furniture at the exhibition
Exhibition Mebel brings together manufacturers and suppliers of modern upholstery materials and & nbsp; other furniture designs. The exposition presents collections of domestic and foreign companies.
During the exhibition, you can find new suppliers for the production of upholstered furniture and all other necessary components. The full list of participants and the layout can be found on the exhibition website.