The basis of the office furniture group is furniture for staff - a subcategory that includes furnishing items:
- reception / waiting room (reception, seating furniture, coffee tables);
- the working area of ordinary employees (computer tables, chairs and armchairs, cabinets and safes, shelves and office partitions, cabinets and stands for office equipment);
- meeting room (conference table, chairs, furniture for presentation / computer equipment);
- staff rest rooms (chairs, armchairs, sofas, tables).
We should also highlight the category of executive furniture, furniture for meetings at the highest level and other types of exclusive executive class furniture.
All furniture used for furnishing office premises is intended to organize comfortable workplaces in the following conditions:
- bright artificial lighting;
- not enough free space;
- noise and radiation arising from the abundance of working computers and office equipment;
- mental and psychological stress.
Furniture for office workers must comply with the requirements of GOST 16371-93.
Staff furniture requirements
Advanced manufacturing companies actively involve not only engineers, but also psychologists in the development of sets of furniture for office workers, and are also attentive to the results of sociological surveys and research in the field of labor productivity.
The result is products that increase the efficiency and business activity of personnel, strengthen the team / corporate spirit and improve the psycho-emotional state of employees. In Russia, this approach is rare.
Staff furniture must meet a number of requirements, such as:
- ergonomics. This means convenience, functionality, high working potential and efficiency of use - qualities that are of primary interest to office furniture consumers;
- practicality. Furniture for ordinary employees should be strong, durable, easy to maintain, have good performance characteristics;
- safety. The materials from which the furniture is made must have a low emission class of formaldehyde (E0, E1) and other harmful substances, be distinguished by a stable structure, and not cause any harm to health during prolonged use of the furniture; li>
- aesthetic appeal. The appearance of work furniture should adjust to the productive performance of work duties, meet the requirements of the time and ideas about the work environment;
- versatility. In the event of a breakdown of one of the pieces of furniture, it should be easily replaced with an identical one with similar design and characteristics. When expanding the business, an existing set of office furniture can be organically supplemented with new furnishings.
Consumers of furniture for staff
Small and medium-sized businesses prefer to purchase ready-made headsets or sets of modular cabinet furniture, as well as typical seating furniture. The main production materials here are chipboard, laminated chipboard, plastic, inexpensive upholstery fabrics, simple fittings and economy class finishing materials.
Such furniture is easy to replace and has an affordable cost. When a business is closed or a large-scale office furniture change occurs, typical furniture can be easily sold for additional funds.
Large companies prefer to purchase furniture sets made of MDF, plastic, metal, tempered glass, equipped with durable mechanisms and fittings.
Large companies with their own corporate culture often purchase custom-made furniture. This does not apply to all furniture, but to certain categories - for example, furniture for equipping a conference room, meeting room or executive reception.
Such kits are performed in a single corporate style, which is approved in advance with management and marketers. In this case, the color and design may differ significantly from generally accepted standards.
You can learn more about the requirements and consumers of furniture for staff at the annual exhibition Mebel.